Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas/New Years Wreath

 When I was out looking for new Christmas decorations I noticed a lot of black, red and silver together and I fell in love.  I wanted to do my whole house in Black, red and silver, but only managed to create this wreath.  I am not going to lie it was VERY time consuming to make.  I do love how it turned out.  I was going to make more red flowers to go all the way around the wreath but I got a little lazy.  Maybe I will finish it up next year.
 I started off with a dollar store wreath.  I bought 1/4 yard black duck cloth and 1 yard red duck cloth.  I cut the black cloth into strips and wrapped it around the wreath.  The hard part was the red poinsettia flowers.  I took a small Tupperware lid and traced the circle onto the red cloth.  You need 10 circles to create one flower and I made 5 flowers, so that was 50 circles to trace and cut out!  Not so much fun my friends.   
 I used this tutorial to create my fabric poinsettia.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecQrb1fzIk
I had to modify it a little to create a fuller look by using 10 circles for the flowers.  When I cut the petals I made them pointy.

Lots of hot glue later I finally ended up with 5 flowers.  I glued them close together on the wreath added a silver ribbon and called it good!  Not too shabby!!

1 comment:

  1. SO pretty!! LOVE the silver satin ribbon with the red flowers!
    Happy 2012!
    Blessings!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete